September 21-23 will see us at North East again. Saturday activities will be centered around the water of Eaton Reservoir. Don't forget that the Camping merit badge has a requirement of so many nights camping. Directions to the campsite:
Take route 20 east to North East
- At the intersection of route 89, make a left hand turn on to route 89 (North)
- Follow route 89 north until it intersects with route 5 (at Freeport)
- Make a right turn on to route 5
- Follow route 5 for approximately 3 miles
- You will pass the Mazza Winery and the North East Marina, then cross 20 mile creek
- Immediately after crossing 20 mile creek look for the intersection of Gay Road
- Make a left onto Gay Road
- Gay road will curve sharply to the right. Follow the road around the bend and look for a wood rail fence. There you are!
Congrats to all the scouts who worked hard and received their advancement and badges. We had scouts advancing to every level from Scout through Life!
If you did not get all the merit badges you worked on, check the requirements for what might be missing and talk with councilor. For instance, Camping has a requirement of a service project related to conservation and a certain number of nights camping with the troop. Keep perservering!
Complete with opening and closing ceremonies, the scouting Olympics was a blast. Kudos to Assistant Scoutmaster Mr. Groshek for planning such a fun event. Photos coming.
I wanted to take a moment and send out a special thanks to Dave, Jim, EJ & Josh. These guys took their own time and volunteered to spend the afternoon working with our scouts on teaching and monitoring them for the Archery shoot. The best of the scouting spirit. THANKS GUYS!